Human Geo

Yesterday in human geo class we went to the CIA website about the different countries and things about them.  For the whole class!!  It was very fun.  You gave use around 10-15 minutes to find a good fact about a country.  Then we went around the room and shared are facts about what country we choose. It was very easy to find a fact about my country because I choose Greece and that is where most of my family is from (other half is from Peru).  I just thought of a fun fact I knew about it and then just checked to make sure it was on the web cite.  My fact was that when you turn 18 in Greece you need to go to the military for 1 year and then have to serve the Air Force and navy for 9 months.  Most of my family had to do that but my dad moved out of Greece before he turned 18 so he never had to do it but he can not stay there more then 4 months (I think that is the number of months) or they will make him go in the military.  My brothers just got there citizenship there a couple months ago so that means they have to go to the military when they turn 18 too.  But I loved to here all the cool facts like in Fiji there national langue is English which I had idea about.  We were not able to finish all the facts but I hope we finish them all Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Western Civ

Western Civ

Western Civ